Egg, Vegetable and Biobio Gouda Breakfast CasserolesBack to recipes list
Prepared in single servings, this recipe is perfect for breakfast or lunch. Easy to prepare, this breakfast recipe can be made differently each time with the ingredients found in your refrigerator.
- 2 casseroles or ramekins of 5 inches in diameter
- Olive oil
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) whites of leek, sliced into thin rounds
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) sour cream
- 125 ml (½ cup) Biobio Gouda cheese, grated
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven at 375 °F. Oil the inside of the casseroles.
In a skillet, soften the leek in olive oil for 5 minutes. Add salt, pepper, garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, add the sour cream and blend well.
Spread the leek mixture in the casseroles. Add the Biobio Gouda cheese and divide the tomatoes and green onion into each casserole. Break 2 eggs per casserole, salt and pepper, and cook in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.