Phyllo Bundles with Vegetables, Biobio Feta Cheese and DillBack to recipes list
A savoury appetizer made of fine slices of crispy phyllo pastry filled with vegetables and our popular Biobio Feta cheese. This is a great vegetarian option to kick off dinner with friends.
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted (or more if needed)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) shallots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) peppers, finely diced (mixture of red, yellow and orange peppers)
- 250 ml (1 cup) zucchini, finely diced
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) Biobio Feta cheese, crumbled
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) fresh dill, chopped (or more to taste)
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) honey
- Ground pepper to taste
With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 375 °F.
In a pan, soften the vegetables in oil for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Add the dill, honey and pepper. Stir well and set aside.
In the meantime, brush a sheet of phyllo pastry with the melted butter, making sure the edges of the pastry are well coated. Cover the other sheets with a damp cloth to keep them from drying. Lay a sheet on top of the first one and repeat the steps with the butter. Do the same with the two remaining sheets.
Cut the pastry in 6 squares and spread the vegetable stuffing in the middle of each square. Bring the four corners of each pastry square together to form bundles. Lightly brush the bundles with butter and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Cook in oven for 15 minutes or until the pastry turns golden brown. Serve warm.