Tomatoes Stuffed with Orzo, Lentil and Feta SaladBack to recipes list
Served inside a whole fresh tomato, this salad is easy to do and makes for an attractive dish. It can be served as an appetizer or a main dish or can accompany any fish or grilled chicken meal.
- 250 ml (1 cup) orzo, cooked, well-rinsed with cold water and drained
- 250 ml (1 cup) lentils, cooked, well-rinsed with cold water and drained
- 60 ml (¼ cup) black Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) Biobio feta cheese, crumbled
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) mayonnaise
- 5 ml (1 tsp.) honey
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) Dijon mustard
- A few drops of Tabasco
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cut the top of each tomato to form a hat. Carefully remove the tomato pulp with a small spoon and set aside for another recipe. Salt and pepper inside the tomatoes.
Prepare the dressing. In a bowl, mix dressing ingredients together.
In a salad bowl, mix salad ingredients together. Add the dressing, salt and pepper. Keep salad refrigerated for 15 minutes.
Stuff each tomato generously with the salad. Top off with the hat and serve cold.