Sun-Dried Tomato, Kale and Almond PestoBack to recipes list
SERVING: 1 jar of 500 ml (2 cups)
A version of the sun-dried tomato pesto with a healthier twist thanks to the addition of kale. Enjoy the pesto with pasta, on croutons with grilled cheese, as pizza sauce…
- 250 ml (1 cup) sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) sun-dried tomato oil (from the sun-dried tomato jar)
- 125 ml (½ cup) kale leaves, chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) almonds, sliced
- 75 ml (? cup) basil leaves, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 50 g Biobio Parmegiano Reggiano, freshly grated (equivalent to 125 ml or ½ cup)
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a pan, lightly toast the almonds. Separate the sun-dried tomatoes from the oil and set aside the equivalent of ½ cup of sun-dried tomato oil.
In a food processor, bring all the ingredients to a grainy puree. Add olive oil if necessary until desired consistency. Add salt and pepper. Transfer to a sealable jar. Keep refrigerated.