Cheese Crostini Topped With Ricotta and Strawberry-Basil SalsaBack to recipes list
The creaminess of the ricotta and the sharp taste of the Biobio Parmigiano Reggiano cheese go hand in hand with the fruity aromas of the strawberry and basil salsa. Perfect for your summer get together with friends!
Ingredients for the crostini:
- 1 ciabatta bread
- Olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) ricotta cheese
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Biobio Parmigiano Reggiano, freshly grated
- Pepper to taste
Ingredients for the salsa:
- 500 ml (2 cups) strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 3 tbsp. shallots, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) white balsamic vinegar
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) honey
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh basil, chopped
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350 °F. Cut the ciabatta bread diagonally into 16 crostini approximately 1 ½ cm thick. Brush each crostini with olive oil. Put in the oven for 10 minutes or until slightly golden.
In the meantime, mix the ricotta, Biobio Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and pepper in a bowl. Chill in the refrigerator.
In another bowl, mix all the salsa ingredients expect for the pistachios. Spread the cheese mixture onto each crostini and generously garnish with salsa. Top off with the pistachios and serve right away.