Vegetarian Quesadillas with Black Beans, Vegetables and Biobio Gouda CheeseBack to recipes list
Cut these healthy vegetarian quesadillas in wedges and serve them as appetizers along with sour cream. Even non vegetarians will love this recipe!
- 8 large 25-cm tortillas (8 inch in diameter)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) black beans, cooked
- 2 red peppers, diced
- 250 ml (1 cup) corn kernels
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) cumin powder
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) smoked paprika
- 2.5 ml (1/2 tsp.) dried oregano
- Tabasco hot sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 750 ml (3 cups) Biobio Gouda cheese, grated
- 3 avocados, diced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cilantro, chopped
Oil for grilling the quesadillas
Sour cream to serve
Set the oven to "Keep Warm” or at 170 °F.
In a pan, soften the onions in olive oil for 5 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients except for the cheese, avocados, cilantro and sour cream. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
Place a tortilla flat and distribute a quarter of the cheese, vegetable mixture, avocadoes and cilantro over the tortilla. Cover with another tortilla, press lightly and grill the quesadilla on each side in an oiled pan until golden. Use two pans to go faster.
Place the quesadilla on a cooking tray and put in the oven to keep it warm. Repeat the steps for the other 3 quesadillas.
Cut the quesadillas in wedges and serve with sour cream.