Roasted Red Pepper and Feta HummusBack to recipes list
Hummus is a spread made from chickpeas and sesame purée that comes in different taste varieties and flavours profiles. This feta cheese and roasted red peppers version makes a creamy, smooth and healthy hummus that can be used as a dip with pita chips, crackers, raw vegetables, and more.
Servings: 3 cups
- 1 540 ml can chickpeas, rinsed and well-drained
- 250 ml (1 cup) roasted red peppers in brine, drained and coarsely chopped
- 250 ml (1 cup) crumbled Biobio feta cheese, and more for garnishing
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) fresh parsley, chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) olive oil, and more for garnishing
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) tahini (sesame purée)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 0.5 ml (1/8 tsp.) smoked paprika
- A few drops of Tabasco to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a food processor, purée all the ingredients until smooth. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, and garnish with olive oil and crumbled feta before serving.
Credit © Cindy Wong